Three Divisions Complete Pikes Peak Qualifying And Paul Dallenbach Sets Open Wheel Qualifying Record
Colorado Springs, CO (News Release) – The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, brought to you by Gran Turismo, welcomed competitors for a second day of practice and qualifying sessions.
Qualifying records fell in every division. Paul Dallenbach bested his own former fast qualifying time in the Open Wheel division. Likewise, Randy Pobst in the Exhibition group beat his previously-established top qualifying time by 2 seconds. Tanner Foust toppled Travis Pastrana’s record in the one-make Porsche Pikes Peak Trophy by Yokohama division.
Open Wheel Qualifying Results
- Paul Dallenbach #98, 2006 PVA-003 Dallenbach Special – 03:52.497*
- Former record: Paul Dallenbach, 2019 – 03:52.860
- Codie Vahsholtz #18, 2013 Ford Open – 03:52.880
- Dan Novembre #28, 2016 Novembre KMHRAL Special – 04:07.674
Exhibition Qualifying Results
- Randy Pobst #42, 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid – 04:10.342*
- Former record: Randy Pobst, 2020 – 04:12.429
- Daijiro Yoshihara #90, 2018 Tesla Model 3 – 04:15.653
- Nick Robinson # 173, 2017 Acura NSX – 04:18.176
Porsche Pikes Peak Trophy by Yokohama Qualifying Results
- Tanner Foust #34, 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport – 04:21.277*
- Former record: Travis Pastrana, 2018 – 04:22.736
- George Hess, III #744, 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport – 04:34.164
- Kathryn Mead #50, 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport – 04:40.253
The Pikes Peak Open group stepped up to the middle section to make their practice runs from Glen Cove to 16 Mile.
On the upper section, the Unlimited and Time Attack 1 divisions practiced at altitude. These two divisions move to the lower section on Thursday for qualifying.
Check out the full list of qualifying and practice times here!
The 2021 Race Day Run Order is as follows:
- The Exhibition Division competitors will run slowest to fastest based upon qualifying times.
- The Porsche Pikes Peak Trophy by Yokohama Division will run slowest to fastest based upon qualifying times.
- The remaining competitors will run fastest to slowest based upon qualifying times (regardless of division). These cars will not run in any specific division order.
Qualification times will be determined by the competitor’s best time on the Lower Section during Official Qualifying held Tuesday, June 22 – Thursday, June 25. The final Run Order will be based upon qualification times.*
*The Race Director and/or Director of Competition reserves the right to adjust the Run Order.
You can watch live race coverage on our website and mobile app starting at 7 AM EST Sunday, June 27th!