30. Slash ft. Miles Kennedy & The Conspirators – Driving Rain 29. From Ashes To New – Crazy 28. Shinedown – The Human Radio 27. Like A Storm – The Devil Inside 26. Rival Sons – Do Your Worst 25. Avenged Sevenfold – Mad Hatter 24. Beartooth – Disease 23. Papa Roach – Who Do You Trust? 22. Nonpoint – Chaos and Earthquakes 21. Chevelle – Sleep Walking Elite 20. Alice In Chains – Never Fade 19. The Glorious Sons – S.O.S. 18. Three Days Grace – Infra-Red 17. 10...read more
9 things you need to know about OX
1. Favorite album – Smashing Pumpkins M.C.I.S.
2. Favorite concert ever – Pumpkins at the Ogden ’08
3. Favorite porn star – All the cute redhead girls
4. Collects – Hoodies, Vinyl, and doll heads… that’s not weird is it?
5. First album you ever bought – Alcohol washed that out a long time ago
6. Dream ride – Plymouth Prowler, it’s got a fat ass!
7. Butt man? Boob man? Leg man? Why? – I enjoy zaftig ladies
8. If you weren’t a jock, what would you be doing? – Working a horrible telemarketing job
9. Describe yourself in 9 words – Creep, Weirdo, what the hell am I doing here?
Click post titles to read more and get links!
The Aftershock festival took place over the weekend in Sacramento, California. A ton of bands hit the stage including a rare performance by System Of A Down. One of the bands that were slated to play was Hellyeah. Unfortunately since the passing of Vinnie Paul the band hasn’t played any shows. Taking the place of the Hellyeah slot on the bill was a mish mash of other artists who came on stage to pay their respects to Paul. Members of Sevendust, Kyng. GWAR, Shinedown, the Deftones, and more, were present. Jonathan Davis of Korn and Sully...read more
Kilo’s 4th Annual Fall Brawl is right around the corner, November 7th, at the Broadmoor World Arena. We have all heard Bad Wolves cover of Zombie a thousand times, and Five Finger Death Punch is well known for covers from their recent cover of Gone Away to House of the Rising Sun, and their homage of Bad Company. However Breaking Benjamin is not a band that has many covers in it’s past, and the cover I am featuring today, Enjoy The Silence, is one that they don’t even want you listening too! Shallow Bay is a very sensitive...read more
In all of the years that I have been featuring covers here I have never done a cover from Ozzy Osbourne! What a tragic oversight! If Oz still worked here I am sure he would beat me once he found out. So let’s fix that now. Thankfully Ozzy has such a long career that there are plenty of tracks to choose from, including an entire album from 2005 called Under Cover. It’s from that album that we get Ozzy’s cover of The Rolling Stone’s Sympathy For The Devil. This is the perfect tune for the Prince of Darkness and he does...read more
Rise Against is headed to Red Rocks this coming Saturday the 15th, and I have never featured one of their covers before, so let’s do it! Off of the band’s 2013 release Long Forgotten Songs: B-Sides & Covers 2000-2013 we get this, a cover of Bruce Springsteen’s The Ghost Of Tom Joad. The song may sound familiar to you as we play Rage Against The Machine’s version of the tune on air here at Kilo. Rise Against play it closer to the original and this version, recorded live, features Tom Morello of RATM, Wayne Kramer...read more
Earlier this year Lamb Of God dropped a covers album called Legion: XX under the name Burn The Priest, which was Lamb Of God’s first band name. The band covered tracks from the Melvins to Bad Brains and more. They just released a music video from their cover of Ministry’s Jesus Built My Hotrod. The video gets weird with aliens, a mad max road scene and, of course, a hotrod! Take a look! For more Hump The Covers Off check out my blog...read more