(719) 633-5456
On Air
Categories Menu


12 Years Ago: Ozzy Osbourne’s House Nearly Burned Down in a Fire-Related Mishap!

Ozzy and his wife Sharon were forced to flee their seven-acre Buckinghamshire estate on March 25, 2005, rescuing their pets as they escaped. No one was injured, but Ozzy, Sharon and two of their employees were treated for smoke inhalation and the fire caused extensive smoke, heat and water damage. According to numerous reports, the Osbournes were sleeping when the fire ignited at around midnight, and they were awakened by a blaring smoke alarm. The couple scurried from the home and into their garden. There, they watched as smoke billowed from the home and four firefighters battled the blaze.

A spokesperson for the fire department initially said electrical problems caused the fire, but further investigation revealed that it was heat from the fireplace that set nearby wood paneling alight.

“Fire in the Sky” is a song from Ozzy’s ’88 album ‘No Rest for the Wicked’ It was the recording debut of new lead guitarist Zakk Wylde.

“Fire” is a 1968 song originally performed by The Crazy World of Arthur Brown. It was released as a single on the band’s debut album, also called ‘The Crazy World of Arthur Brown’. Ozzy recorded it for his ninth studio album ‘Under Cover’ that consisted entirely of cover songs, released in ’05. It was also featured in his ‘Prince of Darkness’ box set that came out this week, back in 2005.

And … it wasn’t the only fire that would affect the Osbournes over the next decade. On January 17, 2013, a fire ignited from a candle that exploded in a glass vase, in the living room of the Osbourne’s Beverly Hills home. The couple was awakened by fire alarms, and when he noticed the small fire, Ozzy tried to put it out with his hand, which was already in a cast from a previous injury. Sharon tried to snuff the blaze with water, but only made it worse by spreading hot oil from the candle. Ozzy suffered minor burns to his face and hand. The fire also burned off his eyebrows and singed his hair. Sharon escaped unscathed.

Then on August 27, Ozzy nearly set fire to his kitchen while trying to make himself a bacon sandwich before heading to bed. Somehow, grease from the meat set the pan aflame and triggered a smoke alarm, which caused the fire department to rush to the scene. The only casualties in the accident were the badly seared slivers of pig’s flesh. (Somebody seriously needs to teach the the Osbournes about fire safety!!!)

WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien