9 things you need to know about OX
1. Favorite album – Smashing Pumpkins M.C.I.S.
2. Favorite concert ever – Pumpkins at the Ogden ’08
3. Favorite porn star – All the cute redhead girls
4. Collects – Hoodies, Vinyl, and doll heads… that’s not weird is it?
5. First album you ever bought – Alcohol washed that out a long time ago
6. Dream ride – Plymouth Prowler, it’s got a fat ass!
7. Butt man? Boob man? Leg man? Why? – I enjoy zaftig ladies
8. If you weren’t a jock, what would you be doing? – Working a horrible telemarketing job
9. Describe yourself in 9 words – Creep, Weirdo, what the hell am I doing here?
Click post titles to read more and get links!
We kick off this hump day evening with my favorite Rage Against The Machine cover, The Ghost of Tom Joad, originally recorded by Bruce Springsteen. Released as a stand alone single in conjunection with the self-titled 1997 video, this tune kicks ass. The version below was recorded at the ill-fated Woodstock ’99, but as you’ll […]
From the Japanese version of Godsmack’s album Awake, a cover of Black Sabbath’s Sweet Leaf. Nothing else needs to be said, enjoy. For more Hump The Covers Off check out my blog archive.
Today Beartooth posted a short clip on their website, beartoothband.com. There is no reference, no context given, so I think it’s safe to say that after viewing the video, Beartooth will be making an appearance on the TV show The Walking Dead, next season. I’m sure the clip has NOTHING to do with the upcoming […]
I’ve been on a System of a Down kick lately, so this week I am featuring their cover of the tune The Metro, originally recorded by the band Berlin. This cover is somewhat obscure, although it ended up being featured on a few different projects. Originally recorded in 1995, this track eventually made it’s way onto […]
Today marks both the 79th birthday of Merle Haggard, and the day of his death. To pay tribute to the legend I’ve got a cover of his tune Making Believe, off the 1977 album A Working Man Can’t Get Nowhere Today, from Volbeat. You’ll find this version on Volbeat’s third album, Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood. […]
Smile Empty Soul is taking over Sunshine Studios Live on Monday. If you missed my interview with Sean Danielson, the lead singer of Smile Empty Soul, you can check it out now. We talk about the upcoming Shapeshifter release, Wayne Static’s final tours, why the band might only release EP’s from here on out and […]