Sweepstakes consist of prizes being offered to participants selected on a random basis whereas a contest involves entrant participation and may require participants to use specific skills to solve or complete a specified objective in order to qualify for an award. For all purposes hereinafter the term “Contest” shall collectively refer to both sweepstakes and contests.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Unless otherwise state in the Official Contest Rules, Kilo 94.3 Contests are open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older . Void outside Station’s Designated Market Area and where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Kilo 94.3, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct its contests substantially as described in these general contesting guidelines, and by participating in a contest, each participant agrees as follows:
The Contests are administered by the Company unless otherwise specified in the official rules and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the contest administrator, unless otherwise specified. Entrant(s) acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administering the Contest and in accordance with Kilo 94.3 privacy practices. The Contests sponsor(s), promotional partners and administrator are herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: Contests will vary from contest to contest as determined by the Station, please refer to each contest’s official rules for the “Contest Period”.
B. How to Enter: Listen to the Station for details on specific contests and for the times to play. The dates, times, winner selection and prizes will vary with each station giveaway, as determined by the Station and announced. The entry methods will vary from contest to contest as determined by the Station, please refer to each contest’s official rules on how to enter and the deadline for entry.
For contests with text-message based entry, entrants will be asked through on-air announcements, or via web, or texted message, or emailed message, to provide certain information via a text message submission to the short code announced or otherwise stated in the Contest’s Official Rules.
For call in to win contests, listeners may be listening via the Station stream on the Internet: please be advised that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal, which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and the speed of your internet connection. For that reason, we strongly recommend that you turn on your radio to the Station to participate in any call-in contest to be sure you are participating in “real time.” The Company assumes no responsibility for contestants not making timely phone calls to the station as a result of the delays in the Internet stream. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. The Company is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. Company is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, postage-due or incomplete entries or mail. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, mobile service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, mobile phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the website administrator for online entries. When applicable the website administrator’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Contest promotion. Contest entries must contain all information requested and must be received on or before the deadline for registration to be deemed valid. All Entries become the property of Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
C. How to Play and Winner Selection: Listen to the Station for details on specific contests. The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier in the event that that a qualifier has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. The potential winner must be available to participate when applicable to be eligible for the Grand Prize in any portion to the contest that participation may be required. No more prizes other than the stated prize(s) will be awarded. If the entrant is unable to verify registration information the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate entry at that time. The Company is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail or any other form of communication Station may use to contact the qualifier and/or a potential winner. The Station is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a qualifier or potential winners or for any late, misdirected, or if the qualifier or potential winner is a minor, for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of the entrant to provide signed parental or guardian consent. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate qualifier and/or potential winner at that time If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon notification or unless otherwise stated the Contest’s Official Rules, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited, no alternative prize will be substituted. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate qualifier and/or potential winner at that time. Furthermore eligible contestants agree as follows: All decisions of the judges will be final. By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Station, that the decisions of the Station is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you not comply with the rules, then the eligible winner will be disqualified.
Prize(s). Conditions and restrictions may apply. The total approximate retail value (“ARV“) of the Grand Prize will vary from contest to contest as determined by the Station; refer to each contest’s official rules for prize descriptions, value and conditions. Conditions and restrictions may apply. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in Company’s sole discretion. All prizes must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Company. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Company reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If the winner is not available on the specified dates, winner will be disqualified and the Company reserves the right to choose an alternative grand prize winner. Certain prizes which are date specific such as event or concert tickets, Company is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Company reserves the right to not award the grand prize associated with that canceled event or concert, without any payment or obligation to the winner or potential winner. Location of seats and tickets are in Company’s sole discretion. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
Prize Conditions and Restrictions: The Grand Prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. Winner and guest must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc). If the winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. By accepting the prize, Grand Prize Winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign a release to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agrees that: (i) that all decisions of the Company, judges, and Contest Entities with respect to the Contest are final and binding; (ii) to release the Company, Station and sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; (iii) to allow the Company to and sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified in the contest’s official rules as being provided are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Station will have no further obligation to winner. Trip Prize Conditions: If a trip prize is awarded, prize includes round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner from a major commercial airport near winner’s home to the destination and a double occupancy standard hotel room as specified in the official contest rules. Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded and is specified in the Official Contest Rules. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Company’s discretion. Meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. All travel must be taken on dates specified or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate; no alternative travel dates are available. Exact travel dates and arrangements subject to availability. Winner and travel guest(s) must travel on same itinerary. If winner is eligible, but a minor in his/her state of residence, the travel guest must be winner’s parent or legal guardian. A minor may accompany winner as a travel guest only if the winner is the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied at all times during trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize-related events) by minor’s parent or legal guardian. Travel guests must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal residents of the 50 U.S. or D.C. The age limit will vary from contest to contest as determined by the Station, please refer to each contest’s official rules. Subject to the specific contest rules, in general, all contestants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor and must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to participate in contests that include hotel/motel accommodations, motor vehicles, boats, and/or air travel as prizes. No one under the age of thirteen (13) will be permitted to enter a contest under any circumstances. Participants and winners must reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (DMA) as defined by Arbitron. Commonly the TSA represents a radio station’s total listening audience in a geographic area. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest for any thirty (30) day period. If the contest involves listener participation by voting for a contest participant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one vote per verified email per the Official Contest Rules. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. The potential prize winner and, if the potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi), the potential prize winner’s parent or guardian, may (in Company’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and prize acceptance agreement (“Prize Acceptance Release of Liability and Publicity Release”) within twenty four (24) hours after the first (1st) delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. The potential prize winner’s failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Employees of the Company, the Station, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
5. Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the Official Contest Rules. Voting is limited to one vote per person/verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose. BY SUBMITTING ANY CONTENT, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON COMPANY’S WEBSITE, IN COMPANY’S DISCRETION. Content: (a) must comply with the Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Station website; (b) must be uploaded through the in format specified and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the Station website; (c) cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (d) cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (e) cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Company or its products, or other people, products or companies; (f) cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (g) cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Company does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Company) is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your content and grant the rights herein granted to Company; (h) no background artwork should appear in an content unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in the content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein; (i) cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (j) cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Company wishes to associate; and (k) cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY COMPANY AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF COMPANY IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Company does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Company reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Company reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period. By submitting content you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person who’s name, likeness or voice is used in the content and (f) and that publication of the content via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Company, its Stations, and agents from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Company’s use of such content, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that his or her content will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Company all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her video, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Company, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their content. Company reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning content, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Company, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Company, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the content and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under the Official Rules. Should Company fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Company’s rights and Company may at a later time request the assignment.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated in the Rules is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret the contest rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the Grand Prize, the winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Grand Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive or amend any of the rules in its sole discretion. Any reference in the Contest’s Official Rules or as part of the Contest to The Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor’s “discretion” and/or any exercise of discretion by Sponsor, Station or the Company shall mean in Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor’s “sole and unfettered discretion.” Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Company further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort ; (iii) alter or amend the Contest rules at any time; and (iv) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
11. Miscellaneous. Specific contests may have additional or amended contest rules. These are to be referenced for the Company’s general contesting guidelines and rules, refer to the specific contest’s Official Rules for the individual terms. Void outside the Station Total Survey Area and where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period from the participating stations. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of the Contest’s Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth therein.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by applicable local and state law.