Jobs @ KILO
For job opportunities at KILO in radio/administration, please complete the form below.
- Position(s) Currently Available:
Colorado Springs Radio Broadcasters, Inc. is seeking a Chief Engineer with responsibility for the
daily operations of two radio broadcast stations including towers, RF transmitters, on-air studio
operations, automation systems, and all other related broadcast operating systems. The position
of Chief Engineer would require the following skills:
1. Proven ability to operate, maintain, and repair studio and transmitter equipment.
2. Perform required FCC measurements and logging; must maintain facilities in
compliance with FCC Rules & Regulations.
3. Ensure that all broadcast related equipment is operating and maintained in
accordance with all applicable regulations and good engineering practices.
4. Must have exceptional communication and organizational skills and be capable of
tracking and budgeting expenses with General Manager.
5. Proven experience in studio transmitter, RF and IT systems planning, development, &
project management experience.
6. Operational experience with RF transmission, remote control gear, & STL systems
7. Op-X station automation, IP remote broadcast gear & Internet audio delivery systems
8. An advanced level of understanding of high-power FM transmitters and all related
equipment as well as the skills to troubleshoot problems with RF, digital, and analog
9. Good working knowledge of computer-based digital audio systems and computer
networking, transmitter remote control systems, RDS & Radio technologies & I/P based
audio distribution & routing systems.
10. Interpersonal skills to interface with staff and outside vendors as needed
11. Any other duties as assigned by General Manager
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or comparable experience in Broadcast Engineering
At least 10 years of experience in an advanced technical position within the field of Radio
Broadcast. Extensive knowledge of FCC technical regulations. SBE Certification at the
Certified Broadcast Radio Engineer level or higher.
Colorado Springs Radio Broadcasters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.